Acquiring comfort in one’s life remain desire of every human, the most important facility for comfortable living was having a good affordable house. Building houses by humans since ages resulted in formations of cities, towns and villages. Efforts by individuals in construction of their homes and houses resulted in haphazard colonies lacking basic facilities required in any colony like roads, water supplies and sewerage systems.
These requirements forced the humans to plan and construct colonies and societies. Early 50’s saw in Pakistan various cities developed colonies under government departments and named them as Satellite Towns. However as the requirement of houses increased due to periodical increase in the population of the country, government allowed development of private colonies and societies, this resulted in societies like Gulberg in Lahore, PECHS in Karachi and later Defense Housing Authorities in major cities of the countries
Defense Housing Society in Karachi was the first society that was planned and developed by the Pakistan Army for the welfare of its officers. This initiated the start of many private societies all over Pakistan. In the year 1997 Lahore Motorway City housing society was planned and developed in the outskirts of Lahore on the banks of new Lahore Islamabad Motorway.
Being on the outskirts of Lahore the society is well connected with the main city by way of Motorway and close vicinity of Main Highway. Important locations like Mall Road, District Courts, Anarkali Bazar and General Post Office are just 12 km away, whereas moving on the Motorway it takes just 10 to12 minutes to reach Thokar Niaz Baig/Multan Road. Other infrastructures that are close to the society are the Ring Road and Sharaqpur Road.
A flagship project, this cooperative housing society has been planned on an area of 20000 kanals, earmarking a large area of 220 kanals of land as commercial area. The residential plots have been divided as 5 Marlas 10 Marlas 1 Kanal and 2 Kanal plots. The Society being cooperative housing society has been planned on the basis of Six main blocks, namely Blocks P, Q, R, S, T and U. Few of these blocks have extensions like S-Blocks Homes, T-Prime and Trust Prime. All Commercial plots are of 2 Marla size.
Lahore Motorway City (LMC), is a cooperative housing society located on the bank of Lahore Motorway. It has achieved its required popularity yet, although the location is remote, project does have the potential to attract investors and genuine buyers, the reason is its development plan.
Any housing society within jurisdiction of Lahore City has to have the approval of Lahore Development Authority (LDA). LMC when planned and launched was located in area that was not in the jurisdiction of LDA. Therefore it had to be approved by Tehsil Municipal Administration (TMA). In the year 2013 the location of the LMC was placed under LDA, but this did not created any legal problem, LDA accepted the approval of 20000 Kanals of LMC by TMA on the condition that any extension carried out by the LMC will require approval by LDA
DEVELOPMENT & MAJOR FACILITIES:
Lahore Motorway City is near completion as far as the development work is concerned, possessions of developed plots are being offered to clients and buyers. The society is also offering all modern facilities that modern day housing schemes are offering.
Development completed includes underground wiring for safe electricity supply, water connections have been provided on site and sewerage system is also ready for connection as and when required. All these facilities are available in Blocks P, Q, R, S and T. Sui gas connection is not yet available in the society.
Some of the other facilities that are essential for any society are also available in the vicinity of LMC, these include:-
- Ideal location providing pollution free environment to all its residents.
- Close to Kot Abdul Malik interchange.
- Few minutes’ drive to Government College University Lahore.
- Plots have been categorized keeping in view the modern trends and requirements
- It is one of the cheapest societies in Lahore considering the prices of plots being offered.
- For those who cannot pay in lump sum, the society also offers plots and houses on very easy and affordable installments.
- Each block has its own Mosque, a Community Centre and School.
- Planned Parks in Lahore Motorway City will be one of their own design and unique in facilities.
- Houses of all sizes, that is from 3.5 Marlas to 2 Kanals have been constructed and are being offered for sale on installments, on easy and affordable terms. 20 % discount is given to buyers making full payments.
- The society has its own electricity generation system, thus ensuring that there is no load shedding.
- The most IMPORTANT Feature of any Society is the SECURITY SYSTEM. LMC has a very well planned and developed security system for each block and commercial areas. Security cameras have been installed in every corner of the society. Security of residents is the TOP PRIORITY of the management of the society. The security system is reinforced by installation of Advance Security Network, therefore making it an exemplary system for other societies.
PRICES OF PLOTS:
The prices of plots in LMC are comparatively much cheaper than plots available in the market/other societies. Depending upon the size of the plot, LMC is offering plots on down payment as follow:-
- 3.5 Marla Rs 595,000.
- 5 Marla Rs 850,000
- 10 Marla Rs 1,700,000.
- 1 Kanal Rs 43 to 50 Lacs.
- 2 Kanal Rs 88 to 90 Lacs
Societies are graded based on the interest of the investors in buying and selling the plots. The interest of the investors and genuine buyers is directly related to the location and the development of the society.
Indirectly the investors are also affected by the general situation in the country, e.g. Law and order situation is one critical factor etcetera. As far as Lahore Motorway City is concerned the present situation prevalent in the country, especially the unprecedented price hike is keeping the investors interest away from the LMC. The investors are of the opinion that the situation in the country does not warrant any short or long term investment in LMC. Whereas the society has developed itself in a very systematic way and has provided all the modern facilities one can imagine in any modern society of today Development in the country like opening of Lahore Sialkot Motorway and connecting GT Road with the Lahore Ring Road from Kala Shah Kaku to Mahmoud Booti Bund will provide easy access to the residents of LMC to many important location of the city. Such developments are likely to have a very positive effect on the interest of the investors and genuine buyers as far as LMC are concerned.